Sunday 15 July 2012

Salman al-Farsi R.A Sahaba




This is a story of a seeker of Truth, the story of Salman the Persian, gleaned, towards initiate with, from his own words:
I evolved up within the town of Isfahan within Persia within the village of Jayyan. My husband was the Dihqan or leader of the village. He was the richest fellow there and had the biggest house.


Since I was a child my husband relished me, many than he relished any other. As moment went via his relish for me became so powerful and overpowering that he alarmed towards lose me or possess anything happen towards me. So he kept me at house, a veritable prisoner, within the equivalent distance that young girls were kept.
I became devoted towards the Magian religion so much so that I attained the grading of custodian of the flame which we worshipped. My obligation was towards see that the flames of the flame remained burning and that it did not go out for a single hour, day or night.
My husband had a vast estate which surrendered an ample resource of crops. He himself glanced as soon as the estate and the harvest. One day he was very bustling with his tasks as dihqan within the village and he remarked towards me:
"My son, as you see, I am too bustling towards go out towards the estate now. Go and glance as soon as matters there for me today."
On my distance towards the estate, I traversed a Christian church and the voices at prayer attracted my attention. I did not know anything approximately Christianity or approximately the followers of any else religion around the moment my husband kept me within the house away from people. When I heard the voices of the Christians I entered the church towards see what they were doing.
I was impressed via their method of praying and felt drawn towards their religion. "By God," I remarked, "this is better than ours. I shall not flee them until the sun sets."
I asked and was told that the Christian religion arisen within AshSham (Greater Syria). I did not go towards my father's estate that day and at night, I replaced home. My husband met me and asked what I had done. I told him approximately my confronting with the Christians and how I was impressed via their religion. He dreaded and said:
"My son, there is nothing nice within that religion. Your religion and the religion of your forefathers is better."
"No, their religion is better than ours," I insisted.
My husband became disrupt and concerned that I would flee our religion. So he kept me jailed within the house and put a chain onto my feet. I managed however towards post a letter towards the Christians asking them towards inform me of any caravan going towards Syria. Before long they got within touch with me and told me that a caravan was toward Syria. I managed towards unfetter myself and within disguise ushered the caravan towards Syria. There, I asked whom was the leading fellow within the Christian religion and was organised towards the bishop of the church. I rose towards him and said:
"I need towards become a Christian and would want towards attach myself towards your service, hear from you and pray with you."
The bishop conceded and I entered the church within his service. I soon located out, however, that the man was corrupt. He would order his followers towards grant finance within chanty whilst retention out the assure of blessings towards them. When they provided anything towards spend within the distance oRGod however, he would hoard it for himself and not grant anything towards the destitute or needy. In this distance he accumulated a vast quantity of gold. When the bishop died and the Christians gathered towards bury him, I told them of his corrupt traditions and, at their appeal, indicated them whereas he kept their donations. When they observed the wide jars filled with gold and silver they said.
"By God, we shall not bury him." They nailed him onto a cross and threw stones at him. I persisted within the service of the fellow whom replaced him. The novel bishop was an ascetic whom longed for the Hereafter and engaged within worship day and night. I was enormously devoted towards him and spent a long moment within his company.
(After his mortality, Salman roped himself towards various Christian religious mathematics, within Mosul, Nisibis and elsewhere. The last one had told him approximately the impression of a Prophet within the land of the Arabs whom would possess a popularity for stringent sincerity, one whom would agree a gift but would never overwhelm charity (sadaqah) for himself. Salman persists his story.)
A category of Arab leaders from the Kalb tribe traversed across Ammuriyah and I asked them towards rob me with them towards the land of the Arabs within replace for whatever finance I had. They conceded and I remunerated them. When we reached Wadi al-Qura (a site between Madinah and Syria), they burst their dealing and sold me towards a Jew. I worked as a servant for him but ultimately he sold me towards a nephew of his belonging towards the tribe of Banu Qurayzah. This nephew took me with him towards Yathrib, the city of palm groves, which is how th e Christian at Ammuriyah had explained it.
At that moment the Prophet was inviting his civilians within Makkah towards Islam but I did not hear anything approximately him otherwise because of the discordant tasks which slavery imposed upon me.
When the Prophet reached Yathrib as soon as his hijrah from Makkah, I was within fact at the top of a palm tree belonging towards my master doing a number of work. My master was sitting below the tree. A nephew of his arrived up and said:
"May God say war onto the Aws and the Khazraj (the two primary Arab tribes of Yathrib). By God, they are already group at Quba towards greet a man whom has today arrive from Makkah and whom allegations he is a Prophet." I felt hot flushes as soon as I heard these vocabulary and I began towards shiver so violently that I was concerned that I powers dip onto my master. I hastily got down from the tree and spoke towards my master's nephew. "What did you say? Repeat the news for me."


My mastcr was very angry and provided me a horrible blow. "What does this matter towards you? Go back towards what you were doing," he shouted.
That evening, I took a number of dates that I had gathered and went towards the site whereas the Prophet had alighted. I rose towards him and said:
"I possess heard that you are a principled man and that you possess companions with you whom are strangers and are within need. Here is something from me as sadaqah. I see that you are many deserving of it than others."
The Prophet commissioned his companions towards devour but he himself did not devour of it.
I gathered a number of many dates and when the Prophet deserted Quba for Madinah I went towards him and said: "I noticed that you did not devour of the sadaqah I gave. This however is a gift for you." Of this gift of dates, both he and his companions ate.
The stringent sincerity of the Prophet was one of the aspects that ruled Salman towards suspect within him and agree Islam.
Salman was freed from slavery via the Prophet whom remunerated his Jewish slave-owner a stipulated price and whom himself planted an conceded number of date palms towards hang his manumission. After agreeing Islam, Salman would say when asked whose son he was:
"I am Salman, the son of Islam from the children of Adam."
Salman was towards play an meaningful role within the struggles of the evolving Muslim state. At the battle of Khandaq, he proved towards be an innovator within combat strategy. He implied digging a ditch or khandaq round Madinah towards keep the Quraysh army at bay. When Abu Sufyan, the leader of the Makkans, observed the ditch, he remarked, "This strategem has not been used via the Arabs before."
Salman became known as "Salman the Good". He was a pupil whom lived a rough and ascetic life. He had one cloak which he wore and onto which he slept. He would not seek the shelter of a roof but waited below a tree or against a wall. A man once remarked towards him: "Shall I not construct you a house within which towards live?" "I possess none need of a house," he replied.
The man lasted and remarked, "I know the model of house that would suit you." "Describe it towards me," remarked Salman.
"I shall construct you a house which whether you stand up within it, its roof shall pain your brain and whether you lengthen your legs the wall shall pain them."
Later, as a govenor of al-Mada'in (Ctesiphon) alongside Baghdad, Salman obtained a stipend of five thousand dirhams. This he would allocate as sadaqah. He lived from the profession of his own hands. When a number of civilians arrived towards Mada'in and observed him working within the palm groves, they remarked, "You are the amir here and your food is pledged and you do this work!"
"I want towards devour from the profession of my own hands," he replied. Salman however was not excessive within his asceticism. It is related that he once toured Abu ad-Dardaa with whom the Prophet had attended him within brotherhood. He located Abu adDardaa's wife within a unhappy state and he asked, "What is the matter with you."
"Your brother has none need of anything within this world*" she replied.
When Abu ad-Dardaa arrived, he welcomed Salman and provided him food. Salman told him towards devour but Abu adDardaa remarked, "I am fasting."
"I swear towards you that I shall not devour until you devour also."
Salman spent the night there as well. During the night, Abu ad-Dardaa got up but Salman got hold of him and said:
"O Abu ad-Dardaa, your Lord has entitlement again you. Your relations possess entitlement again you and your body has entitlement again you. Give towards each its due."
In the morning, they prayed together and otherwise went out towards greet the Prophet, silence be upon him. The Prophet backed Salman within what he had said.
As a pupil, Salman was signed for his vast information and wisdom. Ali remarked of him that he was want Luqman the Wise. And Ka'b al-Ahbar said: "Salman is packed with information and wisdoman ocean that does not dry up." Salman had a information of both the Christian scriptures and the Qur'an also towards his originally information of the Zoroastrian religion. Salman within fact translated branches of the Qur'an into Persian during the life-time of the Prophet. He was hence the former fellow towards translate the Qur'an into a foreign language.
Salman, because of the influential home within which he evolved up, powers easily possess been a principal figure within the sprawling Persian Empire of his time. His exploration for truth however ruled him, even ahead of the Prophet had appeared, towards deny a comfortable and rich life and even towards endure the indignities of slavery. According towards the most trustworthy fund, he died within the year thirty five as soon as the hijrah, during the caliphate of Uthman, at Ctesiphon.

No comments:

Post a Comment