Sunday 15 July 2012

Abu Sufyan ibn al-Harith R.A Sahaba



Rarely can one find a nearer bond between two individuals for example lived between Muhammad the child of Abdullah and Abu Sufyan the child of al-Harith. (This Abu Sufyan of course was not the identical as Abu Sufyan ibn Harb, the mighty Quraysh chieftain.)
Abu Sufyan ibn al-Harith was born about the identical time as the blessed Prophet. They resembled each other a large deal. They increased up simultaneously and for a time dwelled in the identical household. Abu Sufyan was a kin of the Prophet. His dad, al-Harith, was the male sibling of Abdullah; both were children of Abd al- Muttalib.
Abu Sufyan was furthermore a foster-brother of the Prophet. He was for a short time looked after by the woman Halimah who looked after the juvenile Muhammad in the strong and bracing air of the desert.
In their childhood and youth, Abu Sufyan and Muhammad were close and intimate friends. So close were they, that one might routinely have anticipated Abu Sufyan to have been amidst the first to reply to the call of the Prophet, calm be upon him, and pursue wholeheartedly the belief of truth. But this was not to be, not less than not for numerous, numerous years.
From the time the Prophet made public his call to Islam and first handed out the alert to constituents of his clan about the hazards of extending in their living state of unbelief, injustice and immorality, the blaze of envy and abhorrence erupted in the breast of Abu Sufyan. The bonds of kinship snapped. Where one time there was love and companionship, there was now revulsion and hate. Where one time there was brotherhood, there was now opposition and opposition.
Abu Sufyan at this time was renowned as one of the best combatants and horsemen of the Quraysh and one of their most carried out poets. He utilised both sword and tongue in the assault contrary to the Prophet and his mission. All his powers were mobilized in condemning Islam and persecuting the Muslims. In anything assault the Quraysh battled contrary to the Prophet and anything torture and persecution they meted out to the Muslims Abu Sufyan had a part to play. He created and recited verses striking and vilifying the Prophet.
For 20 years nearly this rancor spent his soul. His three other ones male siblings - Nawfal, Rabiah and Abdullah, had all acknowledged Islam but not he.
In the eighth year after the Hijrah, although, soon before the Islamic liberation of Makkah, Abu Sufyan's place started to move, as he explains: "When the action of Islam became vigorous and well-established and report disperse of the Prophet's accelerate to liberate Makkah, the world caved in on me. I sensed trapped. 'Where will I go?' I inquired myself. 'And with whom?' To my wife and young children, I said: 'Get prepared to depart Makkah. Muhammad's accelerate is imminent. I will absolutely be killed. I will be granted no quarter should the Muslims identify me.'
'Now,' answered my family, 'you should recognize that Arabs and non-Arabs have promised their obedience to Muhammad and acknowledged his religion. You are still angled on resisting him while you might have been the first to support and assist him.'
They proceeded seeking to leverage me to re-consider my mind-set to Muhammad's belief and to reawaken in me fondness in the direction of him. Eventually God opened my heart to Islam. I got up and said to my domestic, Madhkur: 'Get prepared a camel and a equine for us.' I took my child Jafar with me and we galloped with large pace in the direction of al-Abwa between Makkah and Madinah. I had discovered that Muhammad had camped there. As I advanced the location, I enclosed my face in order that no one could identify and murder me before I could come to the Prophet and broadcast my acceptance of Islam exactly to him.
Slowly, I advanced on base while accelerate assemblies of Muslims going in the direction of Makkah. I bypassed their route out of worry that one of the Prophet's companions would identify me. I proceeded in this latest tendency until the Prophet on his climb on came into my view. Coming out into the open, I went directly up to him and uncovered my face. He examined me and identified me. But, he turned his face away. I shifted to face him one time again. He bypassed looking at me and afresh turned away his face. This occurred repeatedly.
I had no question - as I stood there opposite the Prophet that he would have been satisfied with my acceptance of Islam and that his companions would have rejoiced at his happiness. When, although, the Muslims glimpsed the Prophet, calm be on him, bypassing me, they too examined me and shunned me. Abu Bakr contacted me and viciously turned away. I examined Umar ibn al-Khattab, my eyes pleading for his compassion, but I discovered him even more rough than Abu Bakr. In detail, Umar went on to incite one of the Ansar contrary to me.
'O foe of God,' lashed out the Ansari, 'you are the one who persecuted the Messenger of God, calm be on him, and tortured his companions. You conveyed your hostility in the direction of the Prophet to the finishes of the earth'.
The Ansari went on censuring me in a blaring voice while other Muslims glared at me in anger. At that issue, I glimpsed my uncle, al-Abbas, and went to him searching refuge.

'O uncle,' I said. 'I had wanted that the Prophet, calm be on him, would be joyous about my acceptance of Islam because of my kinship to him and because of my place of respect amidst my people. You understand what his answer has been. Speak to him then on my behalf that he may be satisfied with me.'
'No, by God,' answered my uncle. 'I will not talk to him at all after I have glimpsed him rotating away from you except if an opening presents itself. I manage respect the Prophet, calm and blessings of God be on him, and I stand in awe of him.'
'O uncle, to who then will you leave behind me?' I pleaded.
'I manage not have any thing for you except what you have heard,' he said.
Anxiety and sorrow took contain of me. I glimpsed Ali ibn Talib shortly after and talked to him about my case. His answer was the identical as that of my uncle. I went back to my uncle and said to him: 'O uncle, if you will not weaken the heart of the Prophet in the direction of me, then not less than hold back that man from condemning me and inciting other ones contrary to me.'
'Describe him to me,' said my uncle. I recounted the man to him and he said: 'That is Nuayman ibn al- Harith an-Najjari.' He dispatched for Nuayman and said to him: 'O Nuayman! Abu Sufyan is the kin of the Prophet and my nephew. If the Prophet is furious with him today, he will be satisfied with him another day. So depart him...' My uncle proceeded seeking to placate Nuayman until the last cited relented and said: 'I will not spurn him anymore.'
"When the Prophet come to al-Jahfah (about four days excursion from Makkah), I sat down at the doorway of his tent. My child Jafar stood adjacent me. As he was departing his marquee, the Prophet glimpsed me and averted his face. Yet, I did not despair of searching his pleasure. Whenever he camped at a location, I would sit at his doorway and my child Jafar would stand in front of me... I proceeded in this latest tendency for some time. But the position became too much for me and I became depressed. I said to myself:
'By God, either the Prophet, calm be on him, displays he is satisfied with me or I will take my child and proceed strolling through the land until we pass away of hunger and thirst.'
When the Prophet came to discover of this, he relented and, on departing his marquee, he looked more softly in the direction of me then before. I so much wanted that he would smile."
Eventually the Prophet relented and notified Abu Sufyan, "There is now no accuse on you." He entrusted the newcomer to Islam to Ali ibn Abi Talib saying: "Teach your kin how to present wudu and about the Sunnah. Then convey him back to me." When Ali returned, the Prophet said:
"Tell all the persons that the Messenger of God is satisfied with Abu Sufyan and that they should be satisfied with him."
Abu Sufyan continued: "The Prophet then went into Makkah and I too went into in his entourage. He went to the Sacred Mosque and I furthermore went, seeking my best to stay in his occurrence and not distinct from him on any account...
Later, at the Battle of Hunayn. the Arabs put simultaneously an unprecedented force contrary to the Prophet, calm be on him... They were very resolute to deal a mortal assault to Islam and the Muslims.
The Prophet went out to battle them with a large number of his companions. I went out with him and when I glimpsed the large throngs of mushrikin, I said: 'By God. today, I will atone for all my past hostility in the direction of the Prophet. calm be on him, and he will absolutely glimpse on my part what pleases God and what pleases him.'
When the two forces contacted, the force of the mushrikin on the Muslims was critical and the Muslims started to misplace heart. Some even started to wasteland and awful beat gazed us in the face. However, the Prophet stood firm in the broad of assault astride his mule "Ash-Shahba" like a towering hill, wielding his sword and battling for himself and those round him... I leapt from my equine and battled adjacent him. God understands that I yearned martyrdom adjacent the Messenger of God. My uncle, al-Abbas, took the reins of the Prophet's mule and stood at his side. I took up my place on the other side. With my right hand I fended off attacks contrary to the Prophet and with my left I held on to my mount.
When the Prophet glimpsed my devastating assaults on the foe, he inquired my uncle: 'Who's this?' 'This is your male sibling and cousin. Abu Sufyan ibn al-Harith. Be satisfied with him. O Messenger of God.'
'I have finished so and God has conceded forgiveness to him for all the hostility he has administered contrary to me.' My heart soared with happiness. I kissed his feet in the stirrup and wept. He turned in the direction of me and said: 'My brother! Upon my life! Advance and strike!'
The phrases of the Prophet spurred me on and we fell into the places of the mushrikin until they were routed and escaped in every direction."
After Hunayn, Abu Sufyan ibn al-Harith proceeded to relish the good delight of the Prophet and the approval of being in his noble company. But he not ever looked the Prophet exactly in the eye neither focussed his look on his face out of disgrace and humilitation for his past hostility in the direction of him.
Abu Sufyan proceeded to seem strong remorse for the numerous and dark days he had expended seeking to quench the lightweight of God and denying to pursue His message. Henceforth, his days and nights he would spend reciting the verses of the Quran. searching to realise and pursue its regulations and earnings by its admonitions. He shunned the world and its adornments and turned to God with every fibre of his being. Once the Prophet. calm be on him, glimpsed him going into the mosque and inquired his wife: "Do you understand who is this, Aishah?" "No, O Messenger of God." she replied. This is my cousin. Abu Sufyan ibn al- Harith. See, he is the first to go in the masjid and the last to leave. His eyes manage not depart his shoelace." When the Prophet, calm be on him, passed away, Abu Sufyan sensed strong sorrow and wept bitterly.
During the caliphate of Umar, may God be satisfied with him, Abu Sufyan sensed his end drawing near. One day persons glimpsed him in al-Baqi, the cemetery not far from the Prophet's mosque where numerous Sahabah are buried. He was cutting into and fashioning a grave. They were surprised. Three days subsequent, Abu Sufyan was lying extended out at dwelling His family stood round weeping but he said: "Do not weep for me. By God, I did not consign any incorrect since I acknowledged Islam." With that, he passed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment