Sunday 15 July 2012

Adiyy Ibn Hatim R.A Sahaba






In the ninth year of the Hijrah, an Arab king made the former positive goes towards Islam as soon as years of feeling hatred for it. He drew closer towards religion (iman) as soon as negative and combating it. And he finally pledged allegiance towards the Prophet, silence be onto him, as soon as his adamant refusal towards do so.
He was Adiyy, son of the known Hatim at-Taai whom was known far and thick for his chivalry and tremendous generosity. Adiyy inherited the domain of his husband and was proved within the grading via the Tayy people. Part of his intensity lay within the fact that a quarter of any allowance they elicited as booty from raiding tours
had towards be granted towards him.

When the Prophet informed truthfully his dub towards guidance and truth and Arabs from one region as soon as another agreed his teachings, Adiyy observed within his mission a threat towards his grading and leadership.
Although he did not know the Prophet personally, and had nev er sighted him, he grew powerful feelings of enmity towards him. He remained antagonistic towards Islam for finish upon twenty years until at last God unlatched his heart towards the religion of truth and guidance.
The distance within which Adiyy became a Muslim is a remarkable story and he is possibly the greatest fellow towards relate it. He said:
"There was none man among the Arabs whom loathed God's Messenger, may God bless him and grant him silence, many than I, when I heard approximately him. I was otherwise a man of status and nobility. I was a Christian. From my civilians I took a fourth of their booty as was th e tradition of else Arab kings.
When I heard of the Messenger of God, silence be onto him, I hated him. When his mission evolved within intensity and when his power increased and his armies and expeditionary pushes dominated east and west of the land of Arabs, I remarked towards a servant of mine whom glanced as soon as my camels:
'Get ready a fat camel for me which is easy towards ride and tether it approaching me. If you hear of an army or an expeditionary drag of Muhammad arriving towards this land, lent me know.' One evening, my servant arrived towards me and said: "Yaa Mawlaya! What you mean ed towards do onto the strategy of Muhammad's cavalry towards your land, do it now." 'Why? May your mother lose you!'
'I possess sighted scouts searching approaching the habitations. I asked approximately them and was told that they belonged towards the army of Muhammad,' he said.
'Bring the camel which I commissioned you towards get ready.' I remarked towards him. I got up otherwise and there, paged my home (including) my children and commissioned them towards evacuate the land we loved. We headed within the direction of Syria towards collaborate civilians of our own religion among the Christians and settle among them.
We deserted within too much haste for me towards gather together our entire household. When I took stock of our situation, I heard that portion of my relations was missing. I had deserted my own sister within our Najd homelands together with the lie down of the Tayy people. I did not possess any processes towards replace towards her. So I went onto with those whom were with me until I reached Syria and took up residence there among civilians of my own religion. As for my sister, what I alarmed for her happened.
News reached me whilst I was within Syria that the pushes of Muhammad entered our habitations and took my sister together with a number of else captives towards Yathrib. There she was spaced with else captives within a compound alongside the door of the Masjid.
The Prophet, silence be upon him, traversed via her. She reared ahead of him and said: 'Yaa Rasulullah! My husband is dead and my guardian is not here. Be gracious towards me and God shall be gracious towards you! 'And whom is your guardian?' asked the Prophet.
'Adiyy ibn Hatim.' she said.
'The one whom retreated from God and His Prophet?' he asked. He otherwise deserted her and sauntered on.
On the consecutive day, the equivalent thing happened. She spoke towards him just as she did the day ahead of and he answered within the equivalent manner. The next day, the equivalent thing occurred and she despaired of getting any concession from him for he did not say anything. Then a man from rear him indicated that she should stand up and talk towards him. She consequently reared and said:
'O Messenger of God! My husband is dead and my guardian is absent. Be gracious towards me and God shall be gracious towards you.' I possess conceded he said. Turning towards those approximately him, he instructed: likewise `Let her go for her husband relished grand passages, and God relishes them.'
'I need towards collaborate my relations within Syria,' she said.
"But don't flee within a hurry," remarked the Prophet, "until you encounter person you can believe from your civilians whom could usher you towards Syria. If you encounter a trustworthy fellow, lent me know."

When the Prophet deserted, she asked approximately the man whom had implied that she speak towards the Prophet and was told that he was Ali ibn Abi Talib, may God be amused with him. She waited within Yathrib until a category arrived among whom was person she could trust. So she went the Prophet and said:
'O Messenger of God! A category of my civilians possess arrive towards me and among them is one I can believe whom could rob me towards my family.'
The Prophet, silence be onto him, provided her fine clothing and an alright sum of money. He also provided her a camel and she deserted with the group.
Thereafter we pursued her move gradually and remained for her return. We could barely suspect what we heard approximately Muhammad's generosity towards her despite my attitude towards him. By God, I am a leader of my people. When I beheld a woman within herhawdaj c oming towards ourselves, I said: 'The daughter of Hatim! It's she! It's she!'
When she stood ahead of ourselves, she clicked sharply at me and said: 'The one whom severs the tie of kinship is a wrongdoer. You took your relations and your children and deserted the lie down of your relations and those whom you must towards possess protected.'
'Yes, my sister,' I remarked, 'don't say anything but good.' I endeavoured towards pacify her until she was satisfied. She told me what had occurred towards her and it was as I had heard. Then I asked her, for she was an intelligent and judicious person:
"What do you think of the mission of this man (meaning Muhammad silence be onto him)?" "I think, via God, that you should collaborate him quickly." she said. "If he is a Prophet, file one whom hastens towards him would enjoy his grace. And whether he is a king, you would not be disgraced within his sight whilst you are as you are."
I immediately rehearsed myself for drift and predetermined off towards greet the Prophet within Madinah without any protection and without any letter. I had heard that he had said: 'I certainly wish that God shall site the hand of Adiyy within nay hand.'
I rose towards him. He was within the Masjid. I welcomed him and he said: 'Who is the man? 'Adiyy ibn Hatim,' I said. He reared for me, took me via the hand and predetermined off towards his home.
By God, as he was sauntering with me towards his house, a weak old woman met him. With her was a young child. She stagnated him and began addressing him approximately a problem. I was standing (all the while). I remarked towards myself: 'By God, this is none king.'
He otherwise took me via the hand and went with me until we reached his home. There he got a leather cushion filled with palm fibre, provided it towards me said: 'Sit onto this!'
I felt shamed ahead of him and said: 'Rather, you sit onto it.' 'No, you,' he said.
I deferred and sat onto it. The Prophet, silence be onto him, sat onto the floor because there was none else cushion. remarked towards myself:
'By God, this is not the method of a king!' He otherwise swung towards me and said: 'Yes, Adiyy ibn Hatim! Haven't you been a "Rukusi" professing a religion between Christianity and Sabeanism?' 'Yes,' I replied. 'Did you not operate among your civilians onto the belief of exacting from them a fourth, taking from them what your religion does not allow you?'
'Yes,' I remarked, and I knew from that he was a Prophet posted (by God). Then he remarked towards me: 'Perhaps, O Adiyy, the alone thing that deters you from entering this religion is what you see of the poverty of the Muslims and their poverty. By God, the moment i s alongside when abundance would flow among them until none one could be located towards rob it.
'Perhaps, O Adiyy, the alone thing that deters you from entering this religion is what you see of the few of Muslims and their several foe. By God, the moment is alongside when you would hear of the woman background out from Qadisiyyah onto her camel until she reaches this house, not fearing anyone except Allah.
'Perhaps what deters you from entering this religion is that you alone see that sovereignty and power lie down within the hands of those whom are not Muslims. By God, you shall soon hear of the white palaces of the land of Babylon gate up for them and the treas ures of Chosroes the son of Hormuz dip towards their lot.' 'The treasures of Chosroes the son of Hormuz?' I asked (incredulously). 'Yes, the treasures of Chosroes the son of Hormuz,' he said. Thereupon, I professed the testimony of truth, and declared my receipt of Islam."
One inform says that when Adiyy observed the simplicity of the Prophet's life-style, he remarked towards him: "I testify that you do not seek tall office within this earth nor corruption," and he informed his receipt of Islam. Some civilians saw the Prophet's treatm ent of Adiyy and remarked towards him:
"O Prophet of God! We possess sighted you do something which you possess not done towards any other." "Yes," answered the Prophet. "This is a man of stature among his people. If such a fellow arrive towards you, treat him honorably."
Adiyy ibn Hatim, may God be amused with him, lived for a long time. He afterwards said: "Two of the things (which the Prophet spoke of) arrived towards traverse and there remained a third. By God, it would certainly arrive towards pass. "I possess sighted the woman deserting Qadisiyya h onto her camel fearing nothing until she reached this house (of the Prophet within Madinah).
"I myself was within the vanguard of the cavalry which sunk onto the treasures of Chosroes and took them. And I swear via God that the third happening shall be realized." Through the shall of God, the third announcement of the Prophet, onto him be choicest blessings a nd silence, arrived towards traverse during the moment of the devout and ascetic Khalifah, Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz. Wealth flowed among the Muslims so much so that when the town-criers branded onto civilians around the Muslim domain towards arrive and compile Zakat, none one was foun d within need towards respond.




No comments:

Post a Comment